Friday, September 26, 2008

When East Meets West








My husband is the best. I asked him if he could take a couple pictures of me and Cruiser because I never have anything to post of me. So not only did he readily agree but he loaded up both kids and followed me all around the property taking pictures. I don't have any pictures of me riding Cruiser other than show pictures so I appreciate the different scenery. And you can see what a beautiful area I have to ride in. Our ground is almost entirely flat so I just trot across the road and head up the hills belonging to our neighbor. The hill tops provide beautiful views in every direction. I haven't actually ridden Cruiser out in these fields until this week. I had a very informative visit with the chiropractor on Monday and he suggested doing some hill work to condition Cruiser with hopes this strengthening work would help his stifles. So I have been saddling up daily and taking the most enjoyable rides. I had been riding him in my western saddle but decided I would get in better condition posting his trot if I was using the saddle I actually show in. So hence the English attire. Note my trusty partner, Okie, always by my side. And to finish off a lovely ride I am riding west into the sunset.
So back to my husband. Believe me when I say you have never met anyone like him. Aside from his gig as a doctor he also does a major amount of work on the farm. I swear he can fix or do most anything. His brain works in ways most people can't even imagine. And so does his heart. I suppose by his very nature he is a giver and a healer. Just in the past two days he managed to completely redo the starting system in the pellet stove we recently bought. The method he used is too complex for me to even explain. And today he decided he wanted to get my arena in the working order it should be so he spent almost the entire day discing, watering, leveling, watering, packing, watering and then repacking. It is 100% better than where we started and I am so thankful. As Hadley would say, he rocks.

1 comment:

RiverMusic Ranch Life said...

Stacey, some beautiful pictures of riding around your place. It appears that you and we are enjoying your blogging. Happy Trails,Dale