That's right. It ain't easy being Jesus. Last night when I went down to feed and lock up chickens, goats, etc. I did my usual head count and we were one short. Oh no. Because I had postponed my feeding chores until after dark this was going to be a challenge. I quickly assessed that Jesus was MIA and my heart sank. I headed out with my head lamp leading the way and was able to locate her in another shelter with the hay and straw. It seems that with the unusually foggy and misty day her lovely fro of white feathers had turned a dingy grey and was falling from the weight of the moisture blinding her from being able to navigate her way back to the coup. So sad!! So she had hunkered down for a long Novembers night all alone in the hay.
More to follow...
Girl Crazy ~ A Little Boy in Love
12 years ago

6 comments:
Hi there, doing some random blog cruising and came across yours. Interesting... I grew up on a wheat ranch, have almost always had horses, have 2 kids, love Sex and the City, have a hubby that hunts, but I DO NOT LIKE CHICKENS.
Sorry, nothing personal!
WHAT?? How can you not like chickens??? They are so fun!! Now goats...I would understand! :)
Nope, don't like goats either. But chickens, birds in general... SHUDDERS. I'd even like to tell you where I live, since it's somewhat close to Walla Duece, but I can't, too afraid you'd bring a bird...
Ok, we have one more thing in common. I am scared of birds too. I think they are great flying around, living in trees but I have NO desire to touch one. Holding chickens took some getting used to. Send me the link to your blog so I can check it out. And I promise I won't show up on your front porch with a chicken and a goat in hand.
Well, I haven't so much as gotten around to actually blogging yet, I prefer to lurk and make random posts. ;-)
I do have a myspace page, are you a myspacer?
P.S. At least you can actually HOLD a chicken... Unfortunately, my son LOVES the dumb birds. He loves to visit our neighbor who has chickens. When we feed for them, he has to go see the chickens. And at fair, oh, don't even make me go there!Ugh. Who's kid IS he??
My daughter, on the other hand, doll that she is, wants to hang out with the horses. Now THAT'S my kid!
Post a Comment